One of the saddest and most unsettling things I discovered while researching anxiety disorders is that upwards of 13% of American kids suffer from childhood anxiety disorder. And in all that time searching for answers, I never saw one program designed specifically for children. That has now changed, with the introduction of The Anxiety-Free Child by Rich Presta.
With the lack of any help - or even understanding - for kids with anxiety and panic issues, most of the children with these problems carry them through their teen years and into adulthood. This is exactly what happened in Rich Presta's case and it's the reason he decided to develop his latest program.
About The Author
Rich had already produced some of the most renowned programs available on the Internet for adult anxiety disorders: The Panic Puzzle, The Anxiety Lie, The Driving Fear Program and The Take Off Today Program (for fear of flying). But knowing that un-treated childhood anxiety invariably leads to debilitating and devastating adult anxiety, as it did in his own case, he decided to take on the project of producing a program that parents can use to stop this progression before it destroys their child's life.
Now, before I tell you about the program, I want to tell you a little more about Rich Presta and his qualifications. He and his work have been featured in the likes of Psychology Today and Natural Health magazines, as well as on Discovery Health channel, MSNBC and CNN. He's a member of The International Society for Mental Health Online and the National Alliance On Mental Illness. As I mentioned, he's a survivor of both childhood and adult anxiety disorders and he's also a parent.
Like many other authors of programs to help anxiety and panic sufferers, Rich takes pride in the fact he's helping people to do as he did: Cure their disorders and get their lives back. He cares.
And the same can be said of the person writing this page. I want as many sufferers as possible to get out of the dark clouds of anxiety and into the sunshine of a happier life.
About The Anxiety-Free Child Program
Before I get into the details of what's in this program, I want to make something perfectly clear: This is not something you can just give to your child and expect magic to happen; The Anxiety-Free Child Program requires the participation of at least one parent.
But the upside of this is that your relationship with your child (or adolescent) will dramatically improve and if you have any anxiety issues yourself, you'll see an improvement there as well. And face it, living with a happy child is a far better life than living with one who is suffering from anxiety, fears and unfounded worries.
What's included in the package:
- A full program manual, in both written and audio formats, to guide you through the entire process of helping your child overcome their anxiety, worries, and fears and replace those limiting thoughts and feelings with peace of mind and confidence.
- An audio system Presta calls C.A.R.I.S. that teaches your child how to rapidly relax, quiet their anxious, negative and worried mind, and let go of physical tension. The intent of this part of the program is to accelerate the development of the new skills your child will need to make this a life-long success.
- Recorded interviews with psychologists, internationally recognized university researchers and professors, physicians, and best selling authors. Presta conducted these interviews to help parents understand the anxious child better. As a bonus, the written transcripts of all these interviews are included.
- As another bonus, C.A.R.I.S. Volume II is included. Like the original C.A.R.I.S. Audio, Volume II of the system will guide your child through practicing their new skills of inducing relaxation and tranquility in themselves that they'll be learning as the core of the Anxiety-Free Child Program. The addition of this audio will double the amount of tools to help the child overcome anxiety, fears and worries.
My Recommendation Rating: Two Thumbs Up
If you have a child with any symptoms of anxiety or panic disorders (for a list of symptoms and anxiety-related issues read my article on Childhood Anxiety Disorder or go to the home page for The Anxiety-Free Child Program ) I highly recommend this program. My reasons are:
- As I said at the beginning of this article, it's sad to know so many kids suffer from these disorders - most in silence, with no understanding from parents and teachers - and children with anxiety issues usually carry these into adulthood.
- There is a terrible shortage of help available for anxious kids and their families. Most cases of childhood anxiety disorder go unrecognized, untreated or are misdiagnosed as ADD or something else.
- I trust Rich Presta to produce a program that will actually help, as evidenced by the fact that thousands upon thousands of adults have found relief using his products.